Investing in new technologies has become a necessity for companies that need to remain competitive in increasingly saturated markets. One of the most effective tools to make yourself stand out from the competition is the electronic signature. However, before implementing this innovative technology, you may be wondering what questions you should ask your provider of electronic signature software. In this article, we will discuss what you should know before setting up your electronic signature.
What type of electronic signature do you need?
First, you will need to find out what type of electronic signature you need for your business (there are three types of electronic signatures: simple, advanced, and qualified). Typically, different types of tasks can require different signatures. For example, the process of signing a delivery note to receive goods is not the same as signing a work contract with an employee – in each case, a different level of security is required. In addition, the type of sector your company operates in and any associated regulations can also influence your choice of signature.
What questions should you ask your provider of electronic signature software?
Selecting a reliable esignature software will allow you to quickly benefit from all the advantages of this cutting-edge technology. Specifically, here are some features you should ask your digital signature software about:
- Identification of the signatory. For an electronic signature to be valid, it is essential for the signer to be unequivocally identified. To accomplish this, you can use two-factor authentication, in which two methods are applied to verify the identity of the signer, such as a one-time password and biometric data.
- Integrity of the signed document. One of the most important things you should ask your provider of electronic signature software is the possibility of modification of the signed document. To guarantee the integrity of the document, the esignature software must prepare an electronic evidence document that contains all the signature data: including emails and mobile phone numbers of the individuals involved, as well as IP addresses used, the date, time, signed documents, and attachments.
- Availability of documents. Another necessary characteristic of the software is the availability of the platform, allowing customers to download the evidence document and the signed document for a specified period of time, generally spanning five years.
- Ease of use. An electronic signature application must be easy for businesses. It is important for the process involved to be intuitive.
- The documents signed using the electronic signature, as well as the notifications sent must be customizable so that companies can adapt them to their brand image.
- Mobile-friendly. Since transactions are now carried out on mobile phones, the electronic signature must also be able to be used accordingly.
- Pay per use. Another important feature you should expect from your provider of electronic signature software is the possibility to pay only for the services used, without the need to pay ongoing fees or have defined minimum contract periods.
- Integration with other tools. For efficiency purposes, the electronic signature needs to be integrated with other tools such as the CRM or ERP, meaning several applications don’t need to be opened in order to manage processes such as the client’s onboarding. For instance, the Click & Sign API is completely free and can be easily integrated for such procedures.
- Reputation of the esignature software. The experience and reputation of the esignature software are also essential for you to get a reliable service. As such, you should first research online reviews of other clients on the company’s website and social media.
- Option to monitor the signing process. In the electronic signature process, it is important to determine whether all the signers of the document have provided their signatures and to send a notice to those who did not sign the document.
- Free demo. If you can test out the electronic signature application, you’ll be able to discover how it works and whether it can be useful to your company. In addition, the free demo will help you determine the processes for which the electronic signature is most effective and what type of electronic signature you will need.
- Technical support. It is essential for your provider to ensure easily accessible technical support and be able to quickly resolve any technical issues that may arise.
In conclusion, knowing what questions you should ask your electronic signature software will help you ensure that the tool you choose adapts perfectly to your company’s needs. Using this innovative technology will help your company achieve significant time savings and increase the satisfaction of your customers, providers, and employees.