Cloud-based tools have been indispensable for many companies during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and lockdowns, as they have allowed them to continue operating without disruptions. Specifically, the cloud signature has been gaining popularity among many modern businesses, improving their efficiency and services. In fact, according to data published by Click & Sign, the use of the electronic signature has grown by over 600% from 2019 to 2020. In today’s post, we will discuss the main advantages of the cloud signature, its uses, and how you can get it.
What is cloud computing?
Essentially, cloud computing is a technology that enables remote access to computing services, such as software and storage over the Internet. This innovative technology offers flexible resources and improved access to services, helping businesses of all sizes improve their productivity and streamline their processes.
In general, the term cloud computing refers to the provision of services The best-known cloud computing applications include storage apps such as Google Drive and Dropbox. In addition, the cloud signature is another cloud-based application that is rapidly growing in popularity.
What is the cloud signature and how does it work?
The cloud signature is an electronic signature system that hosts the digital certificates of the signers on a centralized server of a trusted service provider, instead of being on the devices of each of the signers. As a result, the electronic signature in the cloud is not incorporated into each user’s browser, and works as follows:
- The signatory receives a link to the document to be signed.
- They access the link that takes them to a server in the cloud where its certificate is hosted.
- The user is securely identified through biometric data or with two-factor authentication.
- Finally, the user electronically signs the document, and various electronic evidence documents are generated for the entire signing process, ensuring the legal validity of the cloud signature.
What are the advantages of using the cloud signature?
The most noteworthy advantages of using the cloud signature or centralized signature include the following:
- It’s easy to use. To use the electronic signature, there is no need to install any electronic certificate or any other specific application or software. Furthermore, the signing process is quick and straightforward.
- Technical support. Reputable service providers typically offer users support through their technical departments to resolve any potential issues.
- Increased security. The cloud signature is completely secure for several reasons:
- The authentication system is usually carried out in two steps; for example, with a one-time password and biometric data.
- With this signature, only the specified user can access the certificate and be authenticated.
- Reduced cost and sustainability. Since the cloud signature process can be done remotely, it can help companies achieve significant savings in transportation costs. In addition, neither paper nor electrical energy is used in the process, helping to save resources and promote companies’ corporate social responsibility. Furthermore, the use of the cloud signature also reduces companies’ physical storage space requirements.
- It saves time. Signing a document in the cloud takes only a few seconds.
- Easy monitoring. When signing in the cloud, it’s possible to monitor the process and determine when the document was signed, which users signed it and whether there are any missing documents. Moreover, it can be used to send reminders to users.
- No need to renew electronic certificates. The electronic certificates installed on the browser must be renewed from time to time. However, this is not the case with this signature.
At Click & Sign, we believe that the cloud signature is a process that will help to streamline companies’ processes in a simple way, while allowing their employees to focus on their core tasks.