Do you have an agency and want to boost its digital transformation? It is not enough to have a website, use email or have profiles on social networks; it is necessary to opt for solutions that simplify day-to-day management and increase customer satisfaction. In this post, we tell you about the benefits of the electronic signature for agencies and the procedures carried out with this signature.
An agency usually provides a series of services to companies, in which many documents are signed. Streamlining these procedures requires new technologies to offer added value and not be left behind by the competition. The electronic signature is a technology that is easy to implement and could mean a significant leap forward.
Benefits of the electronic signature for agencies
We can highlight the main benefits of the electronic signature in the agencies:
- All formalities can be carried out faster, thus saving time and resources, both material and human.
- The digital signature is effortless to use and can be used from any device (cell phone, tablet and computer) and at any time.
- With the digital signature, the agency will become more sustainable since it will avoid travel and avoid paper, ink, and printer energy.
- The electronic signature for agencies has full legal validity, and a document signed with an electronic signature is fully valid as evidence in court. The validity of the electronic signature is recognized by Regulation 910/2014, known as eIDAS, which in its article 25 regarding the legal effects of the electronic signature states that:
“An electronic signature shall not be denied legal effect and admissibility as evidence in legal proceedings solely on the grounds that it is in an electronic signature or that it does not meet the requirements for qualified electronic signatures.”
Article 3.9 of the electronic signature law states that:
An electronic signature that does not meet the requirements of a qualified electronic signature concerning the data to which it is associated shall not be denied legal effect merely because it is presented in electronic form.
- The storage of electronically signed documents is more manageable so that if the documents need to be accessed later, they can easily be found.
- Customer satisfaction will increase because the paperwork will be faster, and they will not have to go to the agency’s offices every time they have to sign any documents.
- The document signatures will be tracked so that it will be possible to know at all times if the document is signed, if any signature is missing, on what date it was signed, etc. With Click & Sign’s electronic signature, electronic documentary evidence is generated. All the data related to the signature is included: emails, IPs, attachments to the contract, dates of signature, etc.
- The electronic signature is secure. Among the different existing electronic signatures, the advanced signature makes it possible to identify the signatory, it is possible to verify that the document has not been tampered, the signed document is linked to the signatory, and their data and, therefore, the signatory cannot deny that they have signed it.
As a result of all the aforementioned, the use of the electronic signature by the agencies provides a significant benefit, namely the reduction of the burden of work of the human resources, financial or accounting departments of the agency’s client companies.
Which procedures can an agency use the electronic signature for?
There are many types of transactions in an agency where electronic signatures can be used; some of the most important are:
- Registering freelancers and companies with the Tax Agency and Social Security.
- Registration and deregistration of employees.
- Signature of employment contracts or non-disclosure and personal data protection documents.
- Signature of vacation authorizations, dismissal letters, labour communications, etc.
- Signature of certificates to clients and suppliers.
- Tax filings such as personal income tax, VAT and corporate income tax.
- Signature of invoices and leasing contracts for offices, warehouses or buildings, for example.
- Requests for subsidies and grants for businesses.
- Signature of authorizations of clients favouring the agency to carry out procedures with the Tax Authorities or the Social Security.
- Signature of medical examinations of the workers.
- Signature of payrolls by the company and by the employees.
Once we know the benefits of the electronic signature for agencies, it is evident that consultants must go a step further in their digital transformation to take advantage of all the benefits of electronic signature in agencies and to provide additional value to their services to attract and retain customers.